Making Peppermint Oil
The leaves and the oil extracted from the peppermint plant are useful…
In many different ways it can be used, for the common cold, cough, inflammation of the mouth and throat, sinus infections, and respiratory infections. It is also used for digestive problems including heartburn, nausea, vomiting, morning sickness, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), cramps of the upper gastrointestinal (GI) tract and bile ducts, upset stomach, diarrhea, bacterial overgrowth of the small intestine, and gas.
A really neat use for this plant’s leaves is to apply it to your temples when you are having a headache…or into some mint juleps if you aren’t pregnant.
Now this isn’t a recipe for ‘essential oil’…..this recipe just requires fresh mint lives and olive oil…..
Here’s the simple steps:
1) harvest a bunch of peppermint leaves from the garden (or purchase some at your local farmer’s market)
2) remove all peppermint leaves from the stalks and rinse + dry thoroughly
3) put all washed and dried leaves into a glass jar (to make a big batch, use a mason jar)
4) pour extra virgin olive oil into jar and then using a spoon, push down thoroughly and help crush the leaves with that spoon handle (this will aid in the extraction)
5) seal jar and then set in a sunny windowsill for 3 days – during these 3 days, ever so often, take the bottle and shake it and place back on the sill.
6) after the third day:: using a tea strainer, or other mine mesh strainer (depending on the size of your jar) strain the now peppermint oil into a cup or measuring cup and then pour back into the jar it was ‘steeping’ in.
Then use as a flavoring in cooking or make your own toothpaste
Daily Positive Thoughts
Monday - Doubts can only stop you if you let them.
Tuesday - You are appreciated.
Wednesday - Big changes can start with something as small as a wish.
Thursday - Success is so close. It’s just waiting for you to try one more time.
Friday - Take a break, you deserve it!
Saturday - Life is full of beauty, bounty, and bliss!
Sunday - You are remarkable!
Per the man law code and if not it should be
I applaud this.
Ok so it was nice of him to do that and all, but are we just gonna ignore how fucking INGENIOUS it was for him to put it under the toilet seat?